Follow CushyTech on Twitter   Follow CushyTech on Facebook

Angry Birds Cases for Your Phone - Srsly?


Angry Birds Cases for Your Phone - Srsly?
In case you haven't seen the news, UK company O2 is going to be offering Angry Birds cases for the iPhone, starting this November. Unfortunately, they appear to only be available for UK customers (unless you're willing to travel or have someone grab one for you), and for iPhone 4's only.

While the novelty is intriguing, I can't help but to wonder why anyone would use one of these things on their beautiful iPhone 4? You certainly can't fault Rovio for going to the merchandising route, especially during the holiday season, but these cases look more like Glam than a serious iPhone case. 

The lovely thing about this is that if these merchandising deals do well, it paves the way for future developers to ink a contract of their own. It's hard to imagine how a silly game about shooting birds at pigs ended up being a worldwide phenomenon, but I suppose I wouldn't turn down the opportunity either.
When people ask me why I prefer to develop for iTunes than for Cydia, this is one of the reasons. The sky is the limit.
Anyway, if I'm going for a way to mod my phone's look, I'm more of a skin guy. Check out these Gelaskins for an example of how it can be done right.
via iPhone-Developers

No comments:

Post a Comment